- New Tours and Attractions Guide produced by Tourism Authority highlights Antigua’s lesser known nature tours, gardens and digital detox products
- Nine new tours feature in the guide which also highlights 40 activities and attractions embracing the island’s offering beyond the beach
- Available for public download here: visitantiguabarbuda.com
Now, in a comprehensive new tours and attractions guide, the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority reveals some of the islands’ latest products and attractions that go beyond the traditional fly and flop holiday.
Walking tours and hikes. Get up close to the natural beauty of Antigua and Barbuda and visit one of the regions four National Parks. Two new walking tours include:
- Hon. Priest Isaac’s Tiger Tours. Let Tiger Tours lead the way to the top of Green Castle Hill – “The Stonehenge of the Caribbean”. Explore this ancient volcanic formation with magnificent views across the coast. Packages available for groups of 2 – 50 with lunch included and transfers available. Contact (268) 728-3126 / email@example.com
- Trek Tours. Hiking with Trek Tours will lead visitors through historic ruins, rainforests and natural rock formations across the island. Led by local guides with impeccable customer service, the experience shows a lesser trodden side to Antigua. Open to families and any hiking ability. (268) 774-TREK (8735) / trektoursantigua.com
Exploring gardens. Two new tours highlight Antigua’s lesser-explored peaceful gardens.
- Gardens of Antigua Tour: Hosted by Joy Farrell, an award-winning gardener, columnist and TV presenter, this tour will take in three of Antigua’s most impressive gardens. A delight for the senses, experience the exotic colours of the garden in the Parish of St. George and the tropical garden atop a hillside in Ffryes Estate which provides spectacular views of the Caribbean coastline. Contact (286) 723 3612 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosmacs’ Herb Garden: Guests are welcomed into the extensive private garden of Rosalyn Simon who leads visitors through her herb garden sharing her wealth of knowledge about each herb and plant and their culinary and medicinal uses. Enjoy a cup of freshly brewed herbal tea in the coolness of the gardens. Rosalyn also sells natural oils and lip balms to take away. (268) 462-8216 / rosmacsherbs.com / email@example.com
Digital detox: Let’s Paint Antiqua. Guests can unleash their creative side with this new painting workshop led by local artists. The classes have been set up to help visitors get some respite from checking phones and technology, encouraging them to socialise with friends. Guests can expect to spend around two hours creating a new artwork in the company of friends in one of the island’s popular restaurants or bars. letspaintantigualestpaintantigua.com / (268) 720-5037
Bird watching. Codrington Lagoon Park: Frigate Bird Sanctuary. Located in Barbuda’s north-western lagoon and only accessible by boat, this sanctuary contains over 170 species of bird and is home to over 5,000 frigate birds. For more information, Codrington Lagoon, National Park. nationalparksantigua.com / (268) 460-0217